• The Rwanda Association of Midwives (RAM) was formed in 2011 and registered as Non-Government Organization (NGO) by Rwanda Governance Board (RGB) 25/04/2018. RAM became a member of International Confederation of Midwives (ICM)in 2013. RAM has been member of Confederation of African Midwives Association (CONAMA) in 2018. RAM is the professional organization representing midwives and the practice of midwifery in Rwanda. We strive to champion the midwifery profession through advocacy as well as promotion of leadership, management and governance in health.
• Rwanda association of Midwives aims to contribute towards the reduction of maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality in Rwanda by providing skilled care to women during the entire maternity cycle.
• The vision of the Rwanda Association of Midwives is that midwifery is fundamental to maternal and newborn health services, and that every woman in Rwanda will have access to a midwife’s care for herself and her baby.
• To advocate for social economic interests of members;
• To develop educational program to sensitize the public and create awareness on midwifery issues ;
• To promote midwifery education and research;
• Promoting normal birth and high quality models of care that meet the needs of women, and families.